Tuesday 18 March 2014

Green…

 

 

 

Evening all, the bloomin weather has changed again, just when you get used to it being nice it’s back to freezing. It’s been lovely this last week being able to get the washing hung out and seeing the Spring bulbs starting to peek through. I can’t wait for the garden to be full of colour again.

 

The Harrogate show was busy, in fact I was glad I was behind the stand. I think the smaller hall was really quite a lot smaller and there were so many people there, we never stopped all day. I promised myself I wasn’t going to buy any stash and I was quite good, I couldn’t leave a couple of dies and a few embellishments but I did resist quite a few temptations

I did a quilting class at our local knitting and sewing shop on Sunday, I was a bit worried because it was hand sewing and I haven’t done any for a lot of years but I actually really enjoyed it. I’ll take a picture of what we made and tell you a bit more about it later in the week

 

 

ribbon girl logo

 

We have a new a colour challenge over at the Ribbon Girl this week…

and it’s…

GREEN

 

It’s not a colour I use very often and I struggled to find some nice papers even though I have boxes full

These are ‘Up, Up and Away’ by First Edition. I really like the First Edition papers but always find that there are a few in each collection that I’m not keen on. I used crushed olive distress ink around the edges but it was just a bit too yellowy when I look now, it seemed to match at the time lol although the card does look more green in real life!

 

The image is from the Lili of the Valley new Bunnies art pad and the sentiment is on the Handwritten Phrases set

 

 

March - Green

 

I used lots of gorgeousness from the Ribbon Girl shop;

Top stitch thread

Doiley

25mm cream cotton lace

Tiny ric rac

Tulle

Flatback pearls

Stickles

Pearl trim

25mm satin ribbon

 

*

The challenge closes next Saturday at 9pm, all the details and how to enter are on the Ribbon Girl challenge blog and as always there are great prizes and some amazing inspiration from the DT

*

Just before I go thanks to those of you that leave me comments, I do love to read them and will visit all your blogs shortly to see what you’ve been up to

Have a lovely evening all x

 

 

 

15 comments:

  1. Aww! this is so adorable Anne, love the cute bunny and very scrummy details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Anne. I love the bunny and the papers are gorgeous as is the fabulous bow.
    Are you going to the NEC and if so, have you saved any money!!!
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Anne - l spent too much as usual. Sewing.... today l have put a tablecloth on the table that has not seen light of day for many years that l embroidered about 30 yr ago :) Glad the stand was busy all weekend x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous Anne. I love the cute image and beautiful papers with such pretty detailing too.
    It sounds like you had a busy yet fun weekend.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Anne - love your card - such a cute image! Very impressed that you managed to be good at Harrogate - interesting that it was in a different hall - I always liked the big one - it seemed spacious! Big Hugs to you! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Anne, such a sweet image and great colours for Spring. Super detailing too, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty card Anne. Love this image and the lovely papers. I went to Harrogate to visit an Aunt many years ago. I was in my early twenties! Didn't have craft fairs then!! Glad you were kept busy! Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful Anne, and I love the refreshing tones of green and cute little image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sweet image Anne, and I too struggle with green, but your card is lovely.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card Anne. Love the cute image and pretty spring colours.
    It was nice to see you on Saturday - Have a good week
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! Such a cute image and I love your layout and the fabulous bow!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anne, Glad you got chance to do some relaxing and crafting yourself at the weekend, after Saturday. I was there too and it was jam-packed wasn't it? Lots of goodies though so well worth it!
    Beautiful card, love all the lace and pearls, and what better than a spring card with daffodils?! The real ones have been getting battered with the wind though, haven't they? Let's hope for an little improvement again next week!
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha just read your 'funny stuff', given me a right good giggle thanks! Love the 'get well soon cards' one! I might do that! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, so cute! The bright green color reminDs me of the new grass in the spring!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anne this is so sweet, love the colours and lovely card design. Do I see machine stitching on there too! it looks fabulous!!
    Wish I had bought this art pad!.. it's definitely on my too buy list!!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose