Thursday 6 March 2014

Anything Goes …

 

 

Morning crafters, I’m having a couple of days off work this week. It’s my birthday (woohoo) and I’m having a lovely crafty morning then we’re driving up to see Jess for the rest of the day and going out for tea. I wanted to take Manny and go for a nice walk as it’s sunny but Keith’s been moaning because he doesn’t like getting dog hairs in his car, he’s a miserable sod at times! I must admit Manny is shedding at the moment so there seems to be hairs everywhere and I forever have the Hoover out, hopefully once his Winter coat has gone that will be it, he’s not too bad but does always seems worse at this time of year for a couple of weeks. Maybe we’ll do some shopping instead, my hip has been much better but I haven’t really been walking far yet and maybe testing it in the middle of the moors wouldn’t be the best idea!

It’s the big 50 for me next year, 40 didn’t really bother me but I just can’t believe that I’m going to be 50 and it’s quite a scary thought   …I’m definitely turning into my Mum  …which might be a bit worrying for poor Keith!!

 

*

 

Onto this week’s Papertake Weekly challenge and as it’s the first one of the month we have our usual Anything Goes theme

…there is an optional extra to make your own flowers but remember this is only an option and if you don’t want to use this theme then you don’t have to

 

I used one of the art pad images from Lili of the Valley, I’ve been pushed for time the last few weeks and these are great if you don’t really have time to start colouring

 

PTW 48 - Anything Goes Handmade Flowers

 

The papers are Fizzy Moon and I’ve had them forever, I’m trying to use up some of my huge stash before I buy anything new (famous last words I know!)

The nice things about making your own flowers is you can match them to your card, I used the Marianne English rose die for my little roses and they were quite fun to do actually

The gorgeous little butterflies were from a friend in Holland but I noticed at the trade show that the range is making it’s way to the UK now so I’m going to try and get some for the LOTV shop because they’re fab

Here’s everything else I used;

Spellbinders grand decorative ovals

Grosgrain ribbon, pearls and tulle from the Ribbon Girl

LOTV handwritten phrases

 

*

That’s it from me, do go and have a look at what the girls on the Papertake Team have made, there’s some great inspiration and as always a prize up for grabs for the winner

Have a lovely day all

 

 

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Anne! Happy Birthday, I hope you have a wonderful day. What's a home (or car) without a few (thousand) pet hairs, just a house, as my mum would've said ....lol. I have three moulting cats and spend my time taking cat hair off the glue on my cards! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Anne. Full of spring-like loveliness! Have a wonderful birthday. All the best people are born in March :) and like you I will be the big 5-0 next year too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Anne, and Happy Birthday! :D Haha we have the same hair problem, but with cats :P We had a near crisis, my baby Whitey was missing for 24 hours, turns out she was just asleep in one of the outhouses. Lazy lump! I have her beside me snuggled in now because I missed her, and I don't care how hairy I am afterwards haha!

    Those butterflies are so sweet, and I love the springy colours and feel of the card too :D

    Have a lovely day!
    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A happy Birthday to you Anne - hope you have a great time on the rest of your day - love your card - she's such a sweetie pie! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Anne, I hope you are having a wonderful day.
    I love your card, such a sweet image and pretty detailing.
    Enjoy the rest of your week off.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne,
    Happy Birthday!!!
    I love your card, it's so cute.
    Hugs,
    Guida

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Anne, hope you are having a really great day and getting spoiled rotten. Love your very pretty card, the paper and details are gorgeous. Enjoy your time off. :o)

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday - hope you're having a lovely day. I love your card it's so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Anne, hope you are having a wonderful day - whatever you get up to. Lovely card too, take care (9 sleeps to Harrogate lol) x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was waiting for your post to go up...many happy returns Anne, you so deserve some time off! The image jsut says it all...sooooo cute. Enjoy your special day! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Anne I hope you had a lovely day and get spoilt tonight. What a sweet card you made, those butterflies are really delicate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Anne - and best wishes for your birthday

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oops - it looks like I can't spell - so had to delete the evidence!!

    Happy Birthday Anne - I hope you've had a lovely day.
    Your card is gorgeous. The image is adorable and I love the pretty papers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday and hope you have a wonderful day. Love this card and the pretty spring like papers. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday, hope you're having a great day! Your card is beautiful, those butterflies look so lovely.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday Anne, Hope you have had a fab day. Our whole house is full of pet hair. Whenever I stand up my bum is covered in pet fur fuzz from where they sit and shed fur on the chairs! It's part of sharing your house with the little fuzzballs. (or is that them sharing their home with you? One or the other)
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Anne! Hope you have had a fabulous day! Love your card, so sweet and gorgeous colours. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous Anne. I agree, these art pads are a godsend at times. A beautifully designed and embellished card.
    I know what you mean about dog hairs. I am constantly hoovering after our two. Turning 50 isn't all bad in fact apart from aching knees I don't feel any different to 40. Its just a number after all. I hope you have a lovely 49th birthday and get spoilt rotten.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Anne and a happy belated birthday, I hope you enjoyed the day.
    Lovely card, this little character is one of my LOTV favs. Lovely papers and design, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy belated birthday wishes Anne, hope you enjoyed your tea with Jess and was thoroughly spoilt!! :).. Don't be scared of turning 50, as they say the best is yet to come lol!! and they say life begins at 50 now not 40 lol!!
    Fabulous card and I love your flowers:)..
    Enjoy your well earned break:)
    Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you enjoyed your little break and s
    ending belated Happy Birthday wishes Anne and I hope your hip remains less painful, Mary x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love to read them and will try to return the visit. Anne x

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) please be aware that when you leave a comment on this blog, your name and comment are visible to others who visit this blog. By commenting you thereby agree to this, your details are not kept or used for any other purpose